What did I learn from this course?

  First of all, at the beginning of the course, I will think about what the class is about. After a semester of study, I learned a lot.

  I learned economic sociology, an in-depth study of the social causes and effects of various economic phenomena. By studying the interaction between economy and society, I am able to understand the influence of social factors such as trust, power, culture and institutions in economic activities on economic behavior, and analyze the sociological explanations of market and non-market economic behavior.I learned the introduction to sociology and mastered the basic knowledge and core concepts of sociology, including social structure, social process and social change. With this knowledge, I am able to analyze and interpret social phenomena, understand the relationship between individuals and society, and how society influences individual behavior through culture, norms, and values.I learned sociological theory and became familiar with various theoretical frameworks, such as functionalism, conflict theory, symbolic interaction theory and structural function theory. Through these theories, I can deeply analyze social phenomena, understand the role of different theories in explaining social problems, and use theoretical frameworks to conduct empirical research.I learned the skills and knowledge needed to become a sociologist and understood the responsibilities and roles of a sociologist. I have mastered how to conduct social surveys, design questionnaires, conduct interviews and analyze data. At the same time, we understand the importance of sociological research ethics to ensure the impartiality of the research process and the protection of the privacy of participants.I learned sociological methods and mastered quantitative and qualitative research methods. By learning the scientific method, I was able to design and implement sociological research projects, collect, analyze and interpret data. Understand statistical analysis and data visualization techniques and be able to apply these skills to empirical research and presentation of results.I learned the introduction to culture, the definition, characteristics and functions of culture. I learned how culture influences social behavior through language, symbols, values and norms, understood the process and causes of cultural change, and was able to analyze the performance and role of culture in different societies.I learned sociological introduction to religion and understood the role and influence of religion in society. I learned the basic doctrines, rituals and organizational structures of different religions, was able to analyze the influence of religion on individual behavior and social structure, and understood the role of religion in social integration and social change.I learned about social economy and understood the interrelationship between social and economic systems. Learning about socio-economic structures and processes such as social stratification, Labour markets and wealth distribution, being able to analyse the social impact of economic policies and understanding the dynamics and challenges of socio-economic development.I learned the introduction to sociological socialization and understood the process and mechanism of socialization. I have learned the role of socialization in individual development and social integration, and am able to analyze the roles of family, school, media and peer groups in the socialization process, and understand the performance and influence of socialization in different cultures.I learned the introduction to sociological deviant behavior and understood the definition and types of deviant behavior. I have learned the sociological explanations of deviant behavior, such as label theory, social control theory and conflict theory, and can analyze the social background and influence of deviant behavior, and understand the social response and control to deviant behavior.I learned the introduction to social structure in sociology and understood the definition and components of social structure. I have learned the function and role of social structure, and can analyze the influence of social structure on individual and group behavior, and understand the change and development process of social structure.I learned the sociological analysis of social networks and understood the composition and function of social networks. I have learned how social networks affect individual behavior and social interaction, and am able to analyze the role of social networks in information dissemination, resource allocation and social capital formation, and understand the significance of network structure on social relations and social influence.

   Through these courses, I not only gained a comprehensive understanding of social phenomena, but also learned how to apply sociological theories and methods to conduct empirical research and form independent opinions on social issues. I understood the importance of sociology in explaining and solving real social problems, and learned how to use sociological knowledge to promote social progress and justice. These studies enable me to apply sociological perspectives to analyze and judge in various social environments, and provide a solid foundation for my personal and professional development.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W3.1 March 18 (Mon) - Zhong Qi(종기)

W3.1 March 18 (Mon) - WANGRUITONG(왕서동)

W12.2 May 25 (Fri) - 계해운(JIHAIYUN)